Effective date 02/02/2020
The Rise of Legion Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) describes: (i) how Lenovo collects, uses, stores or otherwise processes an individual's personal data in the context of the Rise of Legion; (ii) describes the data sharing relationship between Lenovo, Beyond Godlike Co., Ltd. and Amazon Web Services.
In this privacy notice, “Lenovo”, "we" or "us" refers to Lenovo Group Ltd and its affiliated group companies. Lenovo will process your personal data as a data controller of your personal information
This Privacy Notice governs the relationship between you and Lenovo, and the specific personal data processing activities conducted in connection with the Rise of Legion To learn more about how Lenovo handles your personal data, please visit Lenovo Global Website Privacy Statement. Such privacy notice includes among others, a description of your data protection rights and how you can exercise them, how we may share your personal information.
Please be aware that personal data means any information which is related to an identified or identifiable natural person.
When you choose to register and create a Rise of Legion profile Lenovo requires you to provide certain personal data, as described in the table below for the purpose of providing our service and enable all available features to the Rise of Legion users We will also use Amazon Web Services for the purpose of storing your information securely, for which we require information security best practices to be maintained. Using Amazon Web services also allows us to keep your personal data stored locally so we do not have to transfer it across borders. Beyond Godlike will contact you and other players who registered for a tournament only as a tournament organizer, and only for such purposes.
The details below describes the types of personal data that will be processed.
We share this information with Beyond Godlike Co., Ltd, who we use as a service provider for the purpose explained above.
* As part of the Proof of Execution with our partners – it is required that we share proof of the activity with them, which may include a list of images that the you submit for auditing purposes - It is otherwise not shared to them directly for any reason outside of an audit.
As a global organization, we transfer your data to countries where we do business. For more details, please refer to the section “Does Lenovo transfer my personal information internationally?” in the Lenovo Global Website Privacy Statement.
We use the following cookies:
We also use google analytics for purposes related to the obtention of insights of both performance and behavior insights.
We will only retain your personal information as long as necessary to achieve proper performance of the product. In some cases, we may need to retain your personal data when it is required by law. In relation to the information we process about you within the context of the Rise of Legion, personal data will be deleted when: 1) you request your account to be deleted, 2) you request the privacy team to delete your personal data. Please note that if you request deletion of personal data and/or account, this means your user profile will be deleted permanently and you will no longer be able to use the Rise of Legion with your user profile.
You are allowed to directly edit, correct and delete your account in the user profile page. To delete your account, click [Account Settings] and then the button [Delete This Account]. Once you confirmed the request for account deletion, the account will be deleted from the database permanently. You can also ask for a copy of your information to be sent to an email address of your preference. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if you require assistance. We might need to ask a few questions to make sure you get the best support.
We might review and update this privacy notice for the purpose of improving the way in which we communicate all relevant information regarding the use of your personal data. Our mission is to be as transparent as possible.
We will also update this privacy notice to let you know about any changes in the way the product, or Lenovo process your personal data and ask you if you are happy with those changes when necessary by law. We may e-mail you to make sure you are up to date with such changes, or let you know via push notification within the App.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS (PLEASE READ BEFORE ENTERING)
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THERE “TERMS AND CONDITIONS”) BEFORE ENTERING THIS CONTEST. THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND LENOVO (SINGAPORE) PTE LTD (“LENOVO”) ESTABLISHING THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH YOU ARE ENTITLED TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS CONTEST. BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE TO ABIDE BY, THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
A. SPECIFIC TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. CONTEST ORGANIZER
The Contest is organised by Lenovo (Singapore) Pte. Ltd (Registration Number: 200415694W)
2. CONTEST PERIOD AND SUBMISSION DEADLINE
Contest period (“Contest Period”) is organized from 12:00AM (GMT+8), 6th November – 11:59PM (GMT+8), 5th December 2020
3.1 General Eligibility Requirements
3.2 Not Eligible
The following are not eligible to participate in the Contest:
4. CONTEST SPECIFICS
4.1 How to Enter
In order to participate in the Contest, participants must follow these steps:
4.2 Design Submission Guidelines
4.4 Selecting Winners
4.5 Contacting Winners
4.6 Claiming a Prize
4.7 This Contest is not valid in conjunction with any other on-going promotions, offer and/or discounts, unless otherwise stated.
4.8 No purchase or payment necessary to enter or win. Making a purchase or payment will NOT increase your chances of winning.
B. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Lenovo accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prizes awarded in this Contest may not be exchanged for cash. All prizes are non-transferable. Substitution of prizes by the winners is prohibited. Lenovo's decision regarding the award of all prizes, and/or in relation to this Contest including any not covered in these Terms and Conditions, shall be final and binding on all participants, and no queries, challenges or appeals may be made or entertained. Where required by Lenovo, winners shall be required to complete official release forms prior to the receipt of the relevant prize(s), failing which, Lenovo reserves the right to forfeit the prize and dispose of the same as it deems fit.
2. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute winner’s consent to allow the use of the winner's name, image, biographical data and/or likeness by Lenovo, including and not limited to interviews and photo-taking, for editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other purposes in any media without further compensation except where prohibited by law.
3. All Contest entries and all copyright and other rights in such entries and/or other materials become the property of Lenovo and shall not be returned. The participant agrees to provide a written assignment of all rights to Lenovo if requested.
4. Lenovo collects personal information in order to conduct the Contest and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including, but not limited to, prize suppliers and as required, to regulatory authorities (whether in Singapore or elsewhere in the world where such third parties are sited). If your Personal Information is transferred to a country or territory outside Singapore, Lenovo will ensure that the recipients thereof provide a standard of protection to your Personal Information so transferred that is comparable to that which is provided under Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act (Act 26 of 2012). Entry is conditional on providing this information. Lenovo may, for an indefinite period unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes including sending electronic messages or calling the entrant by phone. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to Lenovo. All entries become the property of Lenovo. If a participant does not truthfully provide all requested personal information, Lenovo may determine that he/she is not eligible to win the prize in this Contest.
5. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of being carried on as planned, due to without limitation infection by any computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, act of God, war (whether or not declared), political coup or insurrection, rebellion, labour dispute, fire, epidemic, storm, flood, typhoon, explosion, legal enactment, government directive, order or regulation, any law or regulation having force of law or any other reason or cause beyond the control of Lenovo, or which corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Lenovo reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Lenovo is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer software and/or equipment, failure of any e-mail account or any combination thereof.
6. Lenovo and Lenovo subsidiaries, affiliates and their respective parent companies (collectively “Lenovo Group”) shall not be responsible for (i) any failure or discontinuation of this Contest due to any infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Lenovo; (ii) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, any communications line failure, technical malfunction of computer on-line systems, servers, providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) any failure of any e-mail or communications to be received by Lenovo or you on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or any Web site, or any combination thereof; (iv) any theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any of your acts conducted under the Contest or your account information, including any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Contest; (v) any printing or typographical errors in any Contest related materials; (vi) registrations (or updates or amendments to registrations) that are lost, misdirected, fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason including without limitation electronic, computer, telephone, paper transfer, mail system, human or other error; or (vii) inability to access any website associated with the Contest.
7. Other than the limited warranties that the Lenovo Group may provide in respect of products of the Lenovo Group, the prizes are provided by Lenovo "AS IS" without warranties of any kind, including warranties or conditions of satisfactory quality, merchantability, non-infringement of intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Lenovo does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use, validity, accuracy, or reliability of, or the results of the use of, or otherwise in respect of the materials on this site or any sites linked to this site. All product warranties or queries on the prizes should be referred to Lenovo (in relation to products of the Lenovo Group) or the original supplier or manufacturer (in relation to other products) directly.
8. By participating in the contest, you waive any right to claim ambiguity in these terms and conditions, and to the maximum extent permitted by law, release the Lenovo Group and/or its agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders and employees from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions, or any liability of any kind resulting from or arising from (i) this Contest or the prize, (ii) your participation in the Contest (including but not limited to any acceptance, possession, use, misuse, or non-use of the prize by the winner), or (iii) the negligence of the Lenovo Group. Lenovo shall not be held liable to any participant, for any damages, claim, demand or compensation arising out of participation in the Contest.
9. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold the Lenovo Group, and all its officers, directors, owners, agents, employees, information providers, licensors and licensees (together, the "Indemnified Parties") harmless from and against any and all liability and costs incurred by the Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim arising out of (i) your use of or access to the Contest and Contest site; (ii) violation or any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions; or (iii) violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property or privacy right. This defence and indemnification obligation will survive the termination of this agreement. Lenovo reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who breaches these Terms and Conditions and who tampers with the underlying system and the operation of the Contest.
10. You acknowledge and agree that no form of cheating will be tolerated. Any persons found cheating, as determined in the sole and absolute discretion of Lenovo, will immediately be disqualified from the Contest. Cheating includes, but is not limited to, using multiple identification numbers, tampering with, hacking of the Contest site, participating in the Contest without meeting the eligibility requirements, using any automated software or device to gain an advantage during the Contest, use of the Contest beyond the defined rules of the Contest, attempting to disable or overwhelm any of the Lenovo Group’s websites or the Contest site, attempting to disrupt any portion of the Contest, including but not limited to, allowing somebody else to use your personal information, or tampering with entry process. Any attempt by a person to deliberately damage any of the Lenovo Group’s websites or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws; and should such an attempt be made, Lenovo reserves the right to initiate appropriate legal action including, seeking damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Lenovo's failure to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that or of any other provision. The Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law, and is subject to all applicable laws.
12. All parts of these Terms and Conditions shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by law. If any provision of this agreement shall be held to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, then such provision shall be replaced with terms that most closely match the intent of the parties and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in full force and effect. The section titles in these Terms and Conditions do not limit the other terms of this agreement.
13. No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this Contest or these Terms and Conditions. Any and all disputes regarding this Contest, including without limitation, eligibility for the Contest, competition results and the prizes, will be determined by Lenovo at its sole discretion, and such decisions shall be final and binding on Participants of the Contest. The decision of Lenovo as to the interpretation of any of the terms and conditions shall be final and binding on the participant.
14. Lenovo will be entitled at its sole discretion, to terminate or modify the Contest or to modify these Terms at any time prior to the closing date, by posting the revised Terms on the website. Continued participation in the Contest will constitute acceptance of the changes made by Lenovo. If a participant does not agree with any such change, the participant should stop participating in the Contest. Participants agree that Lenovo shall not be liable to the participant for any loss or damages arising as a result of any such change or discontinuation.
15. The Terms and Conditions for this Contest will be governed and construed according to the laws of Singapore and the courts of Singapore have jurisdiction in relation to any claim or action arising out of, or in connection with, the Terms and Conditions. A person who is not a part to this Agreement shall have no right under the Contact (Rights of Third Parties) Act to enforce any of its terms.
For any privacy related matters please contact the Lenovo Privacy Program at [email protected]. We will get back to you as soon as possible.