Legion weekly gaming news is where you will find a compilation of bite-sized news about upcoming game releases, DLC announcements and industry news. This week, you will find news regarding:
1. Biomutant is now officially available to download and play
2. Steam is having a sale for open-world games until May 31
3. Among Us is free on the Epic Games Store from May 28 to June 3
4. Dungeons of Edera set for release later this year
5. Far Cry 6 gets official October 7 release date
Read on to find out more.
Biomutant is Now Officially Available to Download and Play
Back in April, Experiment 101 and THQ Nordic announced that Biomutant would be released on May 25 and finally, after four years of waiting, gamers will now be able to experience this quirky open-world, post-apocalyptic Wung-Fu fable role-playing game.
In Biomutant, you play as an ever-evolving hero that will gain new skills and mutant abilities that will help you survive in a world that doesn’t just contain warring tribes and vicious mutants but also a variety of deadly environments. Players are given total control of how they want to defeat their enemies be it using melee weapons, firearms or even psi-powers. They can also give themselves an advantage through interesting mutations such as Turtleform or Mucus Bubble.
Similar to most open-world RPGs, gear is a vital aspect of survival. In Biomutant, there is a robust crafting system that enables players to mix and match bits and baubles gathered while exploring to create their very own unique weapons and to upgrade their armour.
While Biomutant has received mixed reviews from critics and gamers, if open-world games are your cup of tea, then you should definitely give Biomutant a shot.
Receive Major Discounts for Open-World Games on Steam
From now until May 31, Steam is having a sale for open-world games. So if you are looking for a new game that lets you spend countless hours exploring some of the best virtual worlds created, now is your chance to fill up that library.
Here are some titles that you should consider picking up:
1. Red Dead Redemption II - This award-winning title by Rockstar Games is set in the wild west of 1899. Players are cast into the boots and leather chaps of outlaw Arthur Morgan who has to outrun federal agents and bounty hunters, while robbing, stealing and fighting to survive.
2. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - For fans of fantasy, there is no better open-world game than this one. Play as the highly-trained and charismatic Geralt of Rivia as he sets off on an adventure to track down the Child of Prophecy, who can alter the fate of the world.
3. The Outer Worlds - If fantasy and westerns aren’t for you, then maybe a spot of sci-fi will help cure that itch for exploration. Set a course to the Halcyon colony where you will find yourself in the middle of a conspiracy that threatens it. You can either choose to save it or be the one that pulls the trigger.
4. Project Zomboid - Looking for something a little more old-school and nerve-wracking? Then this isometric zombie survival horror game should be right up your alley. This hardcore RPG pits you against the undead and you have to loot, build, craft, farm and fight to survive. Either go at it alone or with a friend or two.
5. Need for Speed Heat - This one is for the speed demons and grease monkeys who love the thrill of outrunning opponents on the track and cops on the streets. Set in the beautiful Palm City, you will need to hustle by day and risk it all at night to be the top racer.
Among Us is Free on the Epic Games Store
Released in 2018 by Innersloth, Among Us is a multiplayer social deduction game that turns friends into enemies very quickly. This game can be played online or over local WiFi with 4 - 10 players. It even supports crossplay so you can play with your friends on PC or even mobile devices.
Each round takes place on one of four maps, a spaceship, a headquarters building, a planet base or an airship. Players play as bright coloured crewmates who have to complete various tasks such as fixing wires or downloading data. However, among them are impostors who are out to kill crewmates before all tasks are completed.
If a player finds the corpse of one of their crewmates, they then have to call an emergency meeting and deduce who is the killer among them.
So if you are looking for a way to stay connected with friends and play a game that is easy to learn, then you will be glad that you can get it for free on the Epic Games Store from now until June 3.
Dungeons of Edera Set for Release Later This Year
Indie developers, Monster Tooth Studios recently shared that their upcoming rogue-lite action RPG, Dungeons of Edera, which is currently in Early Access will be launched in Q4 2021 on Steam.
Dungeons of Edera is a dungeon crawler that draws inspiration from fan favourites such as Blizzard’s Diablo series with its procedurally generated levels and tons of loot and FromSoftware’s punishing Soulslike combat system where players will have to balance their stamina with blocking, dodging and parrying.
Another interesting aspect of the game is that players will have to rebuild their faction and equip it with persistent upgrades that will aid their next adventurer when their current one dies. These upgrades include a blacksmith and a trainer from the mage guild.
You can purchase Dungeon of Edera on Steam.
Far Cry 6 Gets Official October 7 Release Date
Ubisoft has finally released the latest gameplay trailers and announced the official release date for the newest entry to the Far Cry series.
Similar to previous Far Cry games, the sixth entry to the series is an open-world action-packed first-person shooter where players have to use their wits and all manner of conventional and unconventional weapons to take down a brutal dictator.
Far Cry 6 takes place in Yara, a fictional island nation inspired by Cuba. Compared to previous games, the island nation is a more realistic country as it has a huge capital city which is surrounded by smaller towns, villages and a vast wilderness. As to be expected, these locations will be home to allies, enemies and wildlife. Speaking of wildlife, for the very first time, players will be able to traverse the island using horses.
Stealth has always been a big part of the series and Far Cry 6 takes it a step further by letting you holster your weapons to blend in with the crowd and not stand out like a sore thumb. Ubisoft has also improved the enemy AI so that you aren’t instantly recognised by them, which means you get to go about your missions without constantly being shot at unless you initiated the firefight.
Last but not least, players will have access to a slew of weaponry that ranges from your standard pistols, assault rifles and snipers to the more over-the-top offerings such as a minigun built from motorcycle engines, a backpack that fires rockets and a compact disc launcher that plays the Macarena.
For more information about Biomutant, click HERE.
For more information about Steam, click HERE.
For more information about Epic Games Store, click HERE.
For more information about GOG, click HERE.
For more information about EA Origin, click HERE.
For more information about Microsoft Store, click HERE.
For more information about Dungeons of Edera, click HERE.
For more information about Far Cry 6, click HERE.
For more information about Ubisoft Store, click HERE.